The post Polished Marble Pets & Garden Soil – A Recipie For Disaster was originally seen on www.abbeyfloorcare.co.uk
This post is about a marble polishing and restoration job from Sherbourne, Warwickshire. The customer called us because her kitchen/dining floors were dull and dirty. We could see that the floor was in good physical condition, but over time:
- the original deep shine had worn away, leaving the tiles looking dull.
- Ingrained soil made the floor look soiled and difficult to clean
- The cream grout looked dark and ugly.
Marble Floors Pets And Garden Soil - A Recipe For DisasterTheir dog was bringing sand and soil into the kitchen. He could come and go into the garden through a dog flap in the back door. The soil in his paws was grinding minute scratches on the surface. Soil and grit were also falling off his coat, just waiting to be walked on.
Soil And Grit Will Damage Your Precious MarbleAs soon as you walk over soil and grit, it grinds into your floor, making, even more, scratches. Over time the scratches will ruin the shine, trap dirt and made the tiles difficult to clean. The soil had created these problems.
- The shine had gone, leaving it looking dull.
- The minute particles of soil trapped in the scratches made the it look dirty