Wednesday 18 December 2019

Cleaning A Slate Tile Floor In Gamston West Bridgford Abbey Floor Care

This is a small kitchen slate floor in Gamston, West Bridgeford.

The slate floor had a lot of spill marks, dirty grout and grout residue deposits that looked like marks.

Slate Cleaning Sealing Gamston Nottingham Ng2 6ne (5)

 

State Cleaning West Bridgeford


I cleaned the floor using a rotary floor machine with a scrubbing brush attachment. The cleaning removed spills and stains associated with a heavy-use kitchen.

Slate Cleaning Sealing Gamston Nottingham Ng2 6ne (7)

There were lots of grout residue spots that originally looked like soil. After cleaning the grout residue spots showed up as light grey spots. Some of the grout residues were 1mm thick.

Slate Cleaning Sealing Gamston Nottingham Ng2 6ne (9)

 

I used a small diamond honing machine to mechanically remove the grout residues.

I left the floor to overnight to thoroughly dry ready for sealing.

Slate Sealing West Bridgeford


I applied a mid-sheen film-forming sealer.

Slate Cleaning Sealing Gamston Nottingham Ng2 6ne (10)

The sealer enhanced the colour of the tiles and gives a long-lasting, easy-to-clean finish.

My client was really happy with the results.

 

If you are loooking for hrlp with your slate floor, please drop me a line, I will be happy to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment